Digital commerce solutions are capturing the minds of business owners by opening up the way to the global market. If you are one of these minds desiring to quickly go to market with a cloud commerce solution that will provide relevant experience to more customers via multiple channels, SAP Commerce Cloud can be a perfect fit for you.
Hire SaM Solutions’ SAP Commerce Cloud experts to build a tailored ecommerce system with frictionless customer journeys and maximum personalization.
What Is SAP Commerce Cloud?
An omnichannel platform for B2B, B2C and B2B2C businesses, SAP Commerce Cloud (former SAP Hybris Commerce) is designed to engage and transact with your customers across digital and physical touchpoints. Along with SAP Marketing Cloud, SAP Sales Cloud, SAP Service Cloud and SAP Customer Data Cloud solutions, it comprises an integral system for marketing, sales and customer relationship management — SAP С/4HANA platform (former SAP Hybris) or an SAP Customer Experience Suite.
In Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce 2019, SAP has been recognized as Leader for the fifth consecutive time.
The new name for SAP Hybris Commerce — SAP Commerce Cloud — appeared due to the technological shift of software products from the proprietary infrastructure to the cloud. As a result, the new version, which uses open-source Kubernetes technology, is now available on Microsoft Azure. Of course, you can still host the platform traditionally, but as the data* shows, the cloud is the most reasonable option for large enterprises as of today.
* Statista predicts the public cloud services market as a whole to grow with a compound annual growth rate of nearly 13 percent in the period between 2018 and 2022.
* The European cloud computing market size exceeded $35 billion in 2020 and is estimated to grow to $140 billion by 2028, says Global Market Insights.
* The three sectors that plan to spend the most on cloud computing services are manufacturing ($19.7 billion), professional services ($18.1 billion), and banking ($16.7 billion), according to IDC.
What’s So Great about SAP Commerce Cloud?
Regardless of your industry or business model, this huge digital machine allows for tracing every step of the customer journey, creating relevant and personalized shopping experiences.
If you are taking the journey with your clients from their first contact with your company to the moment of purchase, you are definitely on the way to boosting their loyalty and increasing sales. And SAP Commerce Cloud makes it possible.
The core commerce capabilities integrated into the platform are:
- Omnichannel commerce
- Customer support
- Optimized search
- Payment framework
- Tailored rules and promotions
- Product bundling
- Social media
How Does SAP Commerce Cloud Integrate with Other Software?
When you choose Commerce Cloud for project development, keep in mind that you are not limited by this product. By using pre-built integrations with other SAP C/4HANA products, you can add the necessary functionality and extend the frontiers of your website for further growth.
- SAP Marketing Cloud adds tools for creating a 360-degree view of your customers, better understanding their preferences and creating personalized experiences. The integration with Marketing Cloud will provide you with real-time insights into customer behavior across touchpoints, facilitating the creation of multichannel marketing campaigns.
- SAP Sales Cloud can improve your commerce business with predictive analytics and visual dashboards displaying sales performance in real time. Moreover, you can leverage a CPQ application for selling configurable products.
- SAP Service Cloud will empower your customer support service due to AI chatbots. Thus, your brand will be available 24/7 providing your clients with consistent and timely help.
- SAP Customer Data Cloud ensures impeccable protection of customers’ personal data, which is a crucial factor in the digital world. Secure registration, login, authentication, consent management and GDPR compliance will help you attract loyal clients and demonstrate respect for personal data privacy.
Integrations are also possible with SAP ERP, SAP S/4HANA, SAP Digital Payment, SAP Hybris Digital Asset Management Cloud by OpenText. As you can see, you are free to create various eCommerce strategies and scenarios to achieve desired results in data management.
What Does SAP Commerce Cloud Do?
Commerce Cloud is based on a flexible modular system. Companies can either implement built-in modules with ready-to-use functionality or customize these modules by adding extensions in order to tailor them to the unique requirements of certain industries.
Here is a comprehensive overview of Commerce Cloud out-of-the-box modules.
1. Product Content Management
This canned solution focuses on the presentation and processing of large volumes of product information. It enables efficient product content storage and management in multiple catalogs from a single cockpit, which is extremely convenient as you can support content consistency across numerous digital and physical sales channels.
What you can do:
- Create and manage multiple catalogs
- Provide descriptions in numerous languages
- Add images and videos
- Support complex product specifications with multiple dimensions and individually tailored price-lists
- Engage customers to create user-generated content
- Edit content in real time
А single source of truth not only facilitates multiple corporate working processes but also primarily provides users with rich information on products or services you sell, even those that you receive from numerous vendors. It favorably affects the company’s efficiency.
2. Customer Experience Management
The ability to create and edit product information provided by the Product Content Management module is not enough for efficient eCommerce data management. A good modern seller is expected to anticipate customer needs and desires.
With the help of the Experience Management module within SAP Commerce Cloud, you can create the right strategy that will help you reach your customers by tailoring product information to their personal needs.
The right products should reach the right customers at the right time.
The Experience Management product is based on personalization and context-driven services with this very goal of tailoring content to user behavior. A single software product is an easy and cost-efficient way for you to interpret personal information the user provides in a personal account and track user activities (clicks, likes, search requests, etc.) across all channels, turning this information into valuable actions:
- Personalized recommendations
- Promotional campaigns
- Marketing strategies
- Storefront look customization
You can segment your customers on the basis of their preferences such as brand, style, color, usability, hobbies and interests, and set data-driven rules for each segment. As a result, customers get a deeply personalized shopping experience, and your store gets the increased conversion.
A powerful merchandising capability enables you to set fixed locations for certain products on the website depending on predefined business goals. This approach actively helps increase sales.
Another valuable function is customer recovery. Its essence is to re-engage users who were surfing your product pages but left without making a purchase. You can set up intelligent remarketing campaign rules that will be triggered when certain conditions are met, and you will gain a chance to attract these users again.
3. Order Management
This solution allows you to view and manage customer orders from start to finish, streamlining order fulfillment and improving the shopping experience. It serves one main purpose: to allow customers to conveniently buy, pick up or return products both online and in-store.
You can control inventory and sourcing processes from a single place, no matter how many stores, warehouses and digital systems are involved.
Order Management capabilities:
- Global real-time visibility into various company sales channels and stock inventories
- Combination of buying and order fulfillment functionality that encourages quick order pickup, packing and shipping
- Flexible sourcing to optimize shipments
- Order versioning to improve the visibility of order statuses
How it works:
- A customer orders a product online and selects one of the possible delivery options (e.g. in-store).
- A store employee sees the order in the Order Management Cockpit, instantly gets an overview of product inventory to find this item in stock and selects the option to prepare this order for collection.
- A warehouse employee sees the order in the Cockpit, collects it and ships to the store, while a store employee can also see the order status.
- When the customer picks up the order, the store employee marks it as complete, and the stock inventory is updated automatically.
- If a customer wants to return a previously ordered product, the store staff uses the Order Management Cockpit to view that order and mark the product as returned. Again, the inventory is updated automatically.
Such complicated orders are hard to quickly implement without a unified and well-thought-out system. SAP Commerce Cloud Order Management gives your customers a range of buying, collection and returning options while completing orders quickly and efficiently.
Improved order management helps prevent customers from leaving websites unsatisfied or abandoning their online carts.
In addition to providing an excellent user experience, the development of a website based on SAP Commerce Cloud is also a great investment that ensures a range of business advantages.
4. Industry-Specific Features — Accelerators
Apart from fully integrated modules, Commerce Cloud offers more specialized ready-to-use solutions — accelerators. They contain best practices and unique functions needed for certain businesses or sectors and help them run faster.
SAP Commerce Cloud accelerators are available for the following sectors:
- The Chinese market
- Financial services
- Telecommunication and media industry
- Travel industry
- Public sector
The greatest thing about accelerators is that they perfectly match certain business requirements, coming with ready-to-use storefronts and providing all the core features.
To kick off an online sales channel as fast as possible, a company just needs to launch an appropriate accelerator, adjust the content, add goods, specify prices and stocks and integrate the accelerator with the ERP system. After that, an efficient eCommerce platform is ready for use, while a company can incessantly customize and fine-tune it.
5. Omnichannel Commerce
To remain competitive, sellers should reach their customers through various channels. Creating and managing separate strategies for each channel is extremely hard and costly, that’s why SAP provides omnichannel capabilities from a single place.
With the B2B Accelerator, businesses can easily build omnichannel solutions and support complex relationships with their customers. They can make changes in catalogs, manage quotes and track order history across all touchpoints.
The B2C Accelerator provides a wide range of capabilities for improving customer engagement. Consistent content management across all devices, email communication, search and navigation, shopping cart, order management and many more features allow B2C users to grow and expand.
6. Real-Time Customer Support
With SAP Commerce Cloud, you get online customer support of the highest level. The system builds a comprehensive customer profile, so customer service agents can see the entire journey across channels combined with personal data and preferences. Thus, they can provide exceptional customer support and offer personalized recommendations promptly.
In addition to the above-listed commerce solutions, SAP partners develop and support a wide range of custom modules that leverage industry-leading SAP software and add value through configurations, customizations and specialized services.
SaM Solutions experts with substantial experience in SAP CX Commerce created a proprietary solution — Auction Module for SAP Commerce Cloud — which earned the status of SAP Qualified Partner-Packaged Solution.
The module allows companies to implement out-of-the-box bidding functionality to seamlessly sell products at the best price.
Integrated with SAP Commerce Cloud, our Auction Module becomes part of your existing eCommerce platform and automatically creates orders through your order management solution.
Seize the Opportunity to Become a Successful Digital Business
Whether you are looking for an eCommerce application to quickly release your products to market or to better understand your customers and anticipate their preferences with relevant content; whether you want to improve your sales by adding industry-specific functions to your existing platform or to benefit from cloud-native architecture, SAP products can help you with all these challenges.
SaM Solutions is an SAP Silver Service Partner. We’ve been providing SAP C/4HANA, from consulting to development and customization, for more than six years, which has resulted in 20+ vibrant projects. Our team includes 50 experts, half of whom are certified specialists.
Contact us to share your ideas and take the chance to expand your business.