Cloud-Based SaaS and Mobile Platform Modernization Project for Gov Tech Leader Courtware Solutions
Courtware has been delivering government software engineering services to U.S. government agencies for over 20 years.
Due to the rapid evolution of the tech industry, particularly within the fields of automation, security, mobile, and personalized services, Courtware management selected SaM Solutions and Arke to develop and implement the company’s product modernization initiative.
Solution requirements consisted of the following:
- Reliance on Azure Government for stringent security standards and automation of product infrastructure
- Architecture creation employing leading-edge tech designed for multiple user bases
- Engineering a custom enterprise data model and service layers, both of which can be scaled on-demand
- Consistent product branding and UI/UX across the multi-device platform
- Reliance on Solr for advanced query and search functionalities
- Enhanced capabilities for personalized end user experiences and settings
- Ability for end users to work more productively using advanced voice automation and cross-platform dashboards
- Advanced analytics and business intelligence via enterprise data warehouse functionalities
Relying on the technical expertise provided by the joint SaM Solutions and Arke dev team, Courtware management was able to swiftly jumpstart the project’s initial development lifecycle. SaM Solutions’ technical leads, with support from Arke, worked together using an agile-based methodology to execute the project’s development lifecycle - developing the new software platform and related products, as well as rebuilding Courtware’s current product line. The lifecycle implemented by SaM Solutions and Arke utilized Azure tools for solution development and management.
The JusticeONE® platform was born, becoming the backbone for numerous Courtware product offerings:
- The iOS and Android-based JusticeONE® e-Ticketing Mobile App. Developed for use by law enforcement personnel in the field, the mobile app allows users to issue parking and traffic tickets in a safe, streamlined, and efficient manner. The app features full integration with the NCIC database, as well as vehicle registration, driver’s license, and license plate scanning capabilities - allowing officers to autofill and issue tickets faster than ever before. Designed for both iOS and Android mobile devices, the software allows officers to use their tablet or phone instead of laptops, Mobile Data Terminals, or other inefficient, time-consuming systems.
- Utilizing SignalR, Microsoft Azure, and other technologies, the JusticeOne CFS Module allows 911 dispatch team members to work, manage, and oversee the entire lifecycle of an emergency call. The software allows dispatchers to respond to the initial 911 call, dispatch field units, and resolve the call on a singular web-based solution for maximum efficiency.
The cloud-based solution uses CJIS Secure and Microsoft Azure Government Cloud for hosting, and features cross-device functionality designed for all members of the emergency response lifecycle - from 911 dispatchers and field response units to back-end sysadmins.
The Call For Service Module features total integration with the entire JusticeONE product line, and allows for seamless system management, administration of device licenses, and citation data management. Relying on back-end technologies like Microsoft Azure Service Bus and SignalR, the CFS Module allows 911 dispatch teams to manage inbound emergency calls, assign response units in real-time, and oversee the full emergency call lifecycle.
The CFS Module is accessible via numerous devices and displays, and provides an elevated, role-based user experience for the entire emergency response team - from dispatch members to responding public safety officers, back-end admins, and management.
The cloud-based software is hosted via CJIS Secure and MS Azure Government Cloud.
Languages and frameworks
|C#, .Net Core 3.1, EF Core, SignalR, Azure Functions, DevExpress, Swagger, Angular 9, TypeScript, TSQL, .NET Standard 2.0, Xamarin Forms 4.6|
|Build and automation||Microsoft Azure Pipelines|
|Project management tools||Microsoft Azure DevOps Boards|
|Cloud platform||Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Government Cloud|
|Integration||DevExtreme Widgets, SmartySheets, Adobe Captivate Prime LMS|
|Development environment||Debian GNU/Linux, Jira, Git|
|Deploy mode||SaaS, Microsoft Azure DevOps|
The e-Ticketing Mobile App and CFS Module are both currently active on the main JusticeONE platform, and are being utilized by numerous law enforcement organizations in Tennessee and Georgia.
This joint cloud-based SaaS platform project completed by Courtware, SaM Solutions, and Arke has successfully pushed public safety into the era of cloud computing - leading to a safer, seamless, and more efficient solution for all emergency response personnel.
“Success starts with people. When tasked with executing a multi-year technology modernization roadmap, you need great partners and elite talent. Courtware is fortunate to be working daily with the elite technical resources from Arke and SaM Solutions. Over the past year, we have been able to collectively build one of the strongest and highest performing development teams I have worked with in my career. I am proud to work side-by-side each day with these team members and partner organizations and cannot wait to release new JusticeONE ® products together throughout 2021!”Jason Norton (CIO)