Maintenance and Modernization
Today businesses still spend up to 70% of their IT budgets on maintenance of existing in-house software applications, just in order to “stay above water” with the most critical business requests.
SaM Solutions enables its customers to stop firefighting with legacy systems, dramatically reduce the total cost-of-ownership, and allows them to bring existing IT applications in line with their latest business needs and priorities.
Throughout its 20-year history, SaM Solutions has helped dozens of companies overcome typical challenges with existing in-house custom software, including:
- High maintenance costs of legacy applications;
- Quality problems and outdated user experience;
- Challenge to roll out new features and lagging behind business needs;
- Mounting security and/or compliance issues;
- Isolation from other IT-systems.
SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE SERVICES
From our experience, we do know that the taking over of a legacy system is not immediately easy – typically, the technical documentation is outdated or missing, knowledge transfer can be performed by only a few key employees, and there are already pressing urgent requests for fixes or new features.
SaM Solutions offers a comprehensive, one-stop set of software maintenance services:
- Definition of software maintenance takeover strategy to ensure cost and effort optimization;
- Source-code audit and re-documentation;
- Migration to modern technologies and architectural patterns;
- Improved testing process and testing automation, to ensure quicker rollouts;
- Unit-tests to ensure stable releases;
- Secure Development Lifecycle and Security Testing to ensure safety of your IT landscape.
For the initial period we define a transparent transition phase with KPIs and safety nets to ensure that the new mode of operation is working effectively, before you make a lasting contractual commitment.