Maintenance and Modernization
Today businesses still spend up to 70% of their IT budgets on maintenance of existing inhouse software applications, in order just to “stay above the water” with the most critical business requests.
SaM Solutions enables its customers to stop firefighting with legacy systems, reduce dramatically total-cost-of-ownership, and enables them to bring existing IT applications abreast with latest business needs and priorities.
Throughout its 20-years history, SaM Solutions has helped dozens of companies to overcome typical challenges with existing inhouse custom software:
- High maintenance costs of legacy applications;
- Quality problems and outdated user-experience;
- Challenge to roll-out new features and lagging behind business needs;
- Mounting security and/or compliance issues;
- Isolation from other IT-systems.
SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE SERVICES
From our experience we do know that the taking-over of a legacy system is not right away easy – typically, the technical documentation is outdated or missing, knowledge transfer can be done by only a few key employees, and there are already pressing urgent requests for fixes or new features.
SaM Solutions offers to its clients a one-stop complete set of software maintenance services:
- Definition of software maintenance take-over strategy to ensure cost and effort optimization;
- Source-code audit and re-documentation;
- Migration to modern technologies and architectural patterns;
- Improved testing process and testing automation, to ensure quicker roll-outs;
- Unit-tests to ensure stable releases;
- Secure Development Lifecycle and Security Testing to ensure safety of your IT landscape.
For the initial period we define a transparent transition phase with KPIs and safety nets to ensure that the new mode of operation is effective and working, before you make a lasting contractual commitment.
PAYBACK: The largest Client Bonus Program in Europe
SaM Solutions provided the Client with a team of skilled Java developers that used Agile methodologies to seamlessly blend into the existing development environment, quickly respond to changing technical and business requirements and adjust the development process according to the client’s immediate needs.