Testing Embedded Software and Appliances
To remain competitive in today’s technology-driven markets, electronic products, appliances and devices must become smarter and gain software-defined features. They get also connected to the cloud or industrial internet and interact with the users through mobile devices. With firmware playing a central role in such products, the requirements for quality, security and performance of the embedded software is non less critical than innovation in the hardware.
SaM Solutions provides end-to-end quality assurance services for embedded software and firmware:
- Formalization of quality assurance process and creation of QA documentation;
- Creating test scenarios for various environments and device configurations;
- Automation of test environment creation, configuration and deployment;
- Execution of manual and automated tests in target or simulated environments;
- Security testing, performance and stress testing;
- Providing detailed test reports and statistical data.
Development of an Embedded, Linux-Based Board Support Package
SaM Solutions engaged its embedded-software specialists for development of the Board Support Package (BSP). The implementation included Linux kernel porting, and the development and adjustment of modules for various peripheral hardware components.
Scaling QA-Process to Ensure Uncompromised Quality of Expanding Palette of Industrial Security Products
SaM Solutions came on board as an independent software quality assurance partner offering end-to-end testing services, possessing decades of expertise with developing and testing firmware for network appliances based on Linux systems.