Linux Drivers and Custom Firmware
The market of smart devices and appliances empowered by Linux or Android OS is rapidly growing. However, embedded software is also extremely segmented with nearly every manufacturer aiming to create a unique interface, firmware and set of applications for their device, be it a satellite receiver, a car multimedia system or a CNC-controlled laser cutter. The diversity of hardware platforms requires equally diversified approach to creating firmware.
SaM Solutions enables hardware manufacturers to rely on customized drivers and firmware for their products and to leverage SaM Solutions 20 years experience from comprehensive portfolio of projects and a wide range of devices and platforms:
- Network appliances (NAS, routers, Enterprise and SOHO servers);
- Consumer electronics (e-books, Set-Top Boxes, GPS navigation systems, mediaboxes);
- Smartphones and tablets;
- Industrial equipment;
- Experimental and scientific equipment;
- Self-service (paid) terminals.
FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
SaM Solutions provides its clients with a unique blend of:
- Linux Kernel development (drivers writing and backports, BSP creation and adaptation, bugfixes, upstream interaction);
- Middleware development (web servers and services, infrastructure libraries, integration);
- Application development (STB applications, server monitoring solutions, virtualization solutions);
- Migration of legacy applications/firmware to new platforms.
Development of an Embedded, Linux-Based Board Support Package
SaM Solutions engaged its embedded-software specialists for development of the Board Support Package (BSP). The implementation included Linux kernel porting, and the development and adjustment of modules for various peripheral hardware components.