Digital commerce solutions are capturing the minds of business owners, for they open the way to the global market. If you are one of these minds desiring to quickly go to market with a cloud commerce solution that will provide relevant experiences to more customers via multiple channels, SAP Commerce Cloud can be a perfect fit for you.
What Is SAP Commerce Cloud?
An omnichannel platform for B2B, B2C and B2B2C businesses, SAP Commerce Cloud (former SAP Hybris Commerce) is designed to engage with customers across various touchpoints. Along with SAP Marketing Cloud, SAP Sales Cloud, SAP Service Cloud and SAP Customer Data Cloud solutions, it comprises an integral system for marketing, sales and customer relationship management — SAP С/4HANA platform (former SAP Hybris) that is a part of SAP Customer Experience Suite.
In Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce 2019, SAP has been recognized as Leader for the fifth consecutive time.
This huge digital machine allows for tracing every step of the customer journey, from the first contact with the company to the moment of purchase, in order to make processes as smooth and satisfying as possible.
The new name for SAP Hybris Commerce — SAP Commerce Cloud — appeared due to the technological shift of software products from the proprietary infrastructure to the cloud. As a result, the new version, which uses an open-source Kubernetes technology, is now available on Microsoft Azure. Of course, you can still host the platform traditionally, but as statistics show,* cloud is the most reasonable option for large enterprises as of today.
* Statista predicts the public cloud services market as a whole to grow with a compound annual growth rate of nearly 13 percent in the period between 2018 and 2022.
* Compared with 2014, the use of cloud computing in the EU increased particularly in large enterprises in 2018, Eurostat says.
* The three sectors that plan to spend the most on cloud computing services are manufacturing ($19.7 billion), professional services ($18.1 billion), and banking ($16.7 billion), according to IDC.
SAP Commerce Cloud Capabilities
Based on machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms, the platform provides impeccable end-to-end user experiences that include the following:
- Omnichannel storefront — you can create a single or multiple storefront that will serve your customers regardless of devices they use — PCs, smartphones or tablets.
- Contextual experience — powerful content personalization encourages cross-selling, product recommendation, promotions and search optimization.
- All-in-one-place content — users access real-time data on products, services, shopping terms and other information at a single location.
- Comprehensive shopping capabilities — the platform includes all capabilities that are required for holistic user experience, such as the shopping cart, wish list, flexible checkout and other.
Benefits for Business
In addition to providing an excellent user experience, the development of a website based on SAP Commerce Cloud is also a great investment that ensures a range of business advantages.
The platform is suitable for companies of all sizes, supports different retail business models (B2C — selling directly to consumers, B2B — selling to organizations, B2B2C — selling via distributors or resellers, marketplace — a united platform for various vendors) and offers various pricing options. Moreover, SAP Commerce Cloud industry-specific accelerators make it possible to adapt the system for companies from multiple industries.
The platform can easily grow with your business and fulfill the increasing requirements.
A range of technologies and standard configurations available with the platform allow for quick deployment and market release.
Built-in Azure SQL self-service portal ensures easy environment, build, deployment and user management, as well as continuous integration.
Cloud-native architecture automatically provides access to the latest releases of upgrade packages, code checks and quality gates.
The system provides automatic weekly full database backups and hourly incremental backups. Standard Recovery Point Objective (RPO) is one hour, and the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) is 24 hours. In the premium offering, RPO is five minutes and RTO is four hours.
|Read also: The Benefits of SAP Commerce Cloud Project Development|
When you choose Commerce Cloud for project development, keep in mind that you are not limited by this product alone. By using pre-built integrations with other SAP products, you can add the necessary functionality and extend the frontiers of your website for further growth.
Integration is possible with SAP solutions such as:
- SAP ERP
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP Marketing Cloud
- SAP Service Cloud
- SAP Customer Data Cloud
- SAP Digital Payment
- SAP Hybris Digital Asset Management Cloud by OpenText
As you can see, you are free to create various eCommerce strategies and scenarios to achieve ideal results in data management.
Out-of-the-Box SAP Commerce Cloud Modules
Commerce Cloud is based on a flexible modular system. Companies can either implement built-in modules with ready-to-use functionality or customize these modules by adding extensions in order to tailor them to the unique requirements of certain industries.
Here is a comprehensive overview of Commerce Cloud out-of-the-box modules.
Product Content Management
This canned solution focuses on the presentation and processing of information about your products in catalogs. It enables product content management in multiple catalogs from a single cockpit, which is extremely convenient as you can support content consistency across various channels.
What you can do:
- Create and manage multiple catalogs
- Provide descriptions in numerous languages
- Add images and videos
- Support complex product specifications with multiple dimensions and individually tailored price-lists
- Engage customers to create user-generated content
- Edit content in real-time
Such a single source of truth greatly simplifies the content management processes and supports collaboration between departments, favorably affecting the company’s efficiency.
This solution allows you to view and manage customer orders from start to finish, streamlining order fulfillment and improving the shopping experience. A single view of the inventory across an organization is available from one cockpit and serves one main purpose: to allow customers to conveniently buy, pick up or return products both online and in-store.
How it works:
- A customer orders a product online and selects one of the possible delivery options (e.g. in-store)
- A store employee sees the order in the cockpit, instantly gets an overview of product inventory to find this item in stock and selects the option to prepare this order for collection
- A warehouse employee sees the order in this very cockpit, collects it and ships to the store, while a store employee can see the order status
- When the customer picks up the order, the store employee marks it as complete, and the inventory is updated automatically
- If a customer wants to return a previously ordered product, the store staff uses the Order Management cockpit to view that order and mark the product as returned. Again, the inventory is updated automatically.
Such complicated orders are hard to quickly implement without a unified and well-thought-out system. SAP Commerce Cloud Order Management gives your customers a range of buying, collection and returning options while completing orders quickly and efficiently.
A good modern seller is expected to know individual customer needs and desires. The Experience Management product is based on personalization and context-driven services with this very aim to tailor content to user behavior. A single software product is an easy and cost-efficient way for you to interpret personal information the user provides in a personal account and track user activities (clicks, likes, search requests, etc.) across all channels, turning this information into valuable actions:
- Personalized recommendations
- Promotional campaigns
- Marketing strategies
You can segment your customers on the basis of their affinities such as a brand, a style, a color, usability, hobbies and interests, and set data-driven rules for each segment. As a result, customers will get a deeply personalized shopping experience, and your store will get increased conversion.
A powerful merchandising capability enables you to set fixed locations for certain products on the website depending on predefined business goals. This approach helps actively increase sales.
Another valuable function is customer recovery. Its essence is to re-engage users who were surfing your pages looking for products but left without making a purchase. There is a possibility to set up intelligent remarketing campaign rules that will be triggered when certain conditions are met, and you will gain a chance to attract users again.
Custom Modules — Auctions
Backed by our expertise, SaM Solutions experts created a proprietary solution — Auction Module for SAP Commerce Cloud — which earned the status of SAP Qualified Partner-Packaged Solution. The module allows companies to streamline their sales and optimize a number of business processes.
Apart from fully integrated modules, Commerce Cloud offers more specialized solutions — accelerators. They contain best practices and unique functions needed for certain businesses or sectors and help them run faster.
The accelerators are available for the following sectors:
- The Chinese market
- Financial services
- Telco and media industry
- Travel industry
- Citizen engagement
Seize the Opportunity to Become a Successful Digital Business
Whether you are looking for an eCommerce solution to quickly release your products to market, or to better understand your customers and respond to their wishes with relevant content; whether you want to improve your sales by adding industry-specific functions to your existing platform or to benefit from cloud-native architecture, SAP products can help you with all these challenges.
SaM Solutions is an SAP Silver Service Partner. We’ve been providing SAP C/4HANA, from consulting to development and customization, for more than six years, which has resulted in 20+ vibrant projects. Our team includes about 50 experts, half of whom are certified specialists.
Contact us to share your ideas and grab the chance to expand your business.
P.S. In this article, we have covered built-in products of the platform, while our next blog post will be dedicated to custom solutions. Stay tuned to learn more!